help slot error ?? it only starts with two slots

help slot error ?? it only starts with two slots

Postby taetae » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi, here I am with some doubts about my nas 5 big network 2: thinking I have problems with the hd I decided to change them all and I took 5 hd of 2 tb, I cloned the system from the old hd and inserted it in slot 5 because I could not long ago get it to go to port 1 .... now I find that on 5 I start the system and on 4 I put a new one that once initialized it sees it, but if I try to insert the other disks either one at a time or together the system starts up and checks the lights but the web interface does not start. then I tried to start it only with the two disks 5 and 4 and once it started I inserted the three and it recognizes it ... I initialize it but when restarting no web interface, I also tried to reverse the disks but it does the same thing .. . thinking it was a problem with capacitors I changed them all but nothing to do ... do you have any advice ???? in a nutshell with ho in slots 5 and 4 it works while in the others no interface starts at startup .... help me please

nb:
if I insert the system in slot 1, the front LED switches on alternating red and blue and then the rear lights switch off and the front LED remains fixed blue, but no web interface
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: help slot error ?? it only starts with two slots

Postby taetae » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:26 pm

I replaced the capacitors but nothing to do :dontknow :dontknow ..... I also came up with this project as an alternative to restoring the motherboard that I can't find a new one or fix the other
:hail :hail

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3430
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Please explain how you define as slot 1.
For me it is the most lefthand slot seen from the back
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm

now i'm at work tomorrow morning i say which is for sure anyway with putty i remember that the one you didn't see was sda. , once turned on if I put all the disks in the slots it would indicate sdb sdc sdd sde ..... if I start them with the disks inserted it does the ptocedura but does not connect to the lan
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby taetae » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am

the broken slot looking at the nas from behind is the first on the left above the power button! we modified the disk database to make it boot from the opposite side with the slot working

I have attached the photo of the nas ... the red color indicates that nothing is detected at that port both when switching on and after inserting the disk at a later time, the two blue ones at startup together the two green loads (I see the operation of the LEDs and it does not assign any ip so I cannot access anything even to understand what happens (even one at a time of the blues behaves in the same way) but if I put them when the device is started it sees them format them but then when restarting, point and return. they are fine from the start.hope i was clear, for any test or question i am here, thanks

https://ibb.co/v4rV8mk
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 am

How do you know that slot 1 is broken?

Slot 1 is required to boot the fvdw-sl firmware as the kernel looks for firmware on the disk in slt 1. Putting the system disk in other slots will loadvthe kernel but not the firmware. Thats why you don't get the webinterface.
It is very strange that slot 1 is broken and others not as they are on the same bus. Again how did you determine that slot 1 is defective
Ps I could make a dedicted kernel that that assigns sda to slot 2 that would make it possible to boot the firmware from slot 2 disk. The consequence will be that slot 3 will sdb, slot4 sdc and slot 5 sdd. Slot 1 will get sdx.

To see if slot 1 is really briken, please boot using standalone kernel with all disks inserted and post output of dmesg command given in the telnet terminal window
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:44 am

so I take a new hdd, but if it does not assign any ip how can I start telnet ?? should i do everything as a first install on lacie 5 big v2 (with fdw-sl console)?? So station 1 is the red one ??

firewall and antivirus off

nas 192.168.1.73 pc 192.168.1.38
Action to 192.168.1.73
Standalone Kernel load and start
telnet
Connection 192.168.1.73/telnet timed out

UIMAGE-3142-KIRKWOOD-171-standalone

I use this kernel, but at startup the nas automatically takes ip 192.168.1.73 it gives me error telnet timeout .......
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Read this topic how to avoid telnet connection issueshttps://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2645

Leave default settings if fvdw-sl console unchanged
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi
taetae wrote:nas 192.168.1.73
If it is the current nas IP, you can forget it because fvdw-sl console won't use it. With a standalone kernel, a specific ip is assigned, in your case should be 192.168.1.252
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Jocko wrote:Hi
taetae wrote:nas 192.168.1.73
If it is the current nas IP, you can forget it because fvdw-sl console won't use it. With a standalone kernel, a specific ip is assigned, in your case should be 192.168.1.252

ok, but does not open Telnet timeout

UIMAGE-3142-KIRKWOOD-171-standalone 5big v2 ???
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Next

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2