Install from scratch still boots LaCie FW

Install from scratch still boots LaCie FW

Postby myarta » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:09 am

Hello,

I used fvdw-sl-console 6 + 18.1 image and used the kirkwood installer to try to replace my LaCie FW with fvdw-sl (first time user!). I didn't see any errors during the install process. It wiped sda and formatted it (GPT) and did the install, then told me to use reboot -f. I did that and waited a while and it didn't come up. Eventually I had to hit the big blue power button on front, and after it booted it loaded the LaCie FW again instead of fvdw-sl.

So now it's back on LaCie but of course showing sda as missing from the RAID. I tried this a month ago and gave up when I had the same result, but this time decided I would post on the forum. Is there something I am missing to get the NAS to boot up on fvdw-sl after the install instead of running the LaCie FW? I'm on 2.2.12.2 of the stock.

Thanks.
myarta

Re: Install from scratch still boots LaCie FW

Postby fvdw » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 am

The first install must be done using only one disk in most lefthand side slot. Adding extra disk after first install must be done using disk with no lacie partitions and firmware on it. Remove all partitions. This because the bootloader search on all disk for firmware. There shoukd be only firmware on sda, the first disk
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby myarta » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Ah, okay. I didn't realize I had to unplug the other drives. Okay, I'll back up my data first and then do that.
myarta

Postby danidrach » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:59 am

I was in the same situation until I slowly read the instructions xD (too much threads with instructions). Finally achieved leaving only the left (from back) HDD attached. I also needed to use static IP in my computer and attach directly to the NAS (after starting fvdw-console). Theoretically it's not needed
danidrach
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2