5Big Network2 FVDW-SL-console clunc-open issue

5Big Network2 FVDW-SL-console clunc-open issue

Postby blankw » Sun May 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi,
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into fvdw!

I've got a very troublesome 5Big Network2 that is refusing to work. I've got access to the serial console however (JTAG), which is helping me diagnose. Long story short, I've been trying to use FVDW-SL console to run the standalone kernel, but the LaCie is not receiving the "LUMP" from clunc-open.exe. This is what is seen in the serial terminal:

Code: Select all
Waiting for LUMP (3)
no lump receive; continuing

Where if I use clunc on my Linux VM, I get this (when calling clunc as such: ./clunc -i 10.0.0.23 -m 00:D0:4B:93:65:0F):

Code: Select all
Waiting for LUMP (3)
Lump received switching to NetConsole on 10.0.0.180

Clunc works in Linux regardless of if I include the MAC address or not.
I don't have a firewall enabled on either the VM or my Windows computer, so I doubt that's the issue.
Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I can provide any information needed.

Thanks again!
blankw

Re: 5Big Network2 FVDW-SL-console clunc-open issue

Postby fvdw » Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 pm

if the PC running the fvdw-sl console cannot interrupt the boot then it can not see your nas on the lan.
Also do not use wireless connections
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Re: 5Big Network2 FVDW-SL-console clunc-open issue

Postby blankw » Sun May 04, 2014 10:16 pm

The VM was on the same machine that couldn't seem to interrupt the boot in its native OS, Win 7 x64 (and it's hardwired gigabit).
Could multiple active network adaptors cause any issues? I'll try a few more things and report back.

EDIT: Confirmed, clunc-open doesn't like multiple adaptors. Used an XP VM with only one adaptor, and it worked fine! I also had to resetenv on the 5Big because I had been changing the variables. It's installing as I type :)

EDIT2: So glad my LaCie is finally working, I donated ;)
blankw

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2