JBOD or RAID

JBOD or RAID

Postby enyel » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:21 pm

Hi good evening everybody, i have received as used but working present, a 5 big network 2 from a friend, i have a synology DS218J at home which i know how to manage properly, but i set up this Lacie and i don't know exactly where to find a feature, that i would like to use as data bench at my parent's home, where they do have 5 external drives to do backups from computer which honestly it's a mess.

It's working perfectly now with 3 hdd 2tb in raid 5 (4gb capacity but with redundance), but the question that i was not able to find answer is, could this Lacie 5big work in mode like JBOD (just spare units connected all of them but individual)?? i saw that Lacie 5big thunderbolt had this feature, but on the Lacie Network asistant or inside dashboard, i only find possible to select automatic raid, or manual raid, this would be better for my dad in the way he organizes his backups, not being in just a single unit of 8tb (if we put 5 - 2tb raid5)

Currently working with firmware 2.2.3

thanks a lot team!
enyel

Re: JBOD or RAID

Postby enyel » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:04 pm

At the end we have done a raid5 with 5 hitachi so we have 8Tb available, it works very fine considering the old the unit is
enyel

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2