Lacie EdMini V2 - noob review - speed question

Re: Lacie EdMini V2 - noob review - speed question

Postby Jocko » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi swamswam_h

What you mention it's very strange.

I copied the firmware image for isp1 to an unused partition of my nwsp2 and make a symlink toward the htdocs folder of the isp1 firmware image.

Then, I tested the web-interface with the browsers : IE8, Firefox 18.0.2, Safari and Chrome, and I didn't manage to get your issue :crazy :scratch

So there is not issue with the firmware image available on the forum.

I read again your previous post and I see perhaps another explanation :
Do you enable the webdav feature? and do you have a sharename 'media'?
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 am

Yes, I have a sharename 'media'. Renaming it and the media server pages loaded. Thanks for your help!
So in conclusion: media as a sharename is not allowed or if you insist in using it, it reduces (configuration) functionality of the software?
swamswam_h

Postby Jocko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 am

Hi swamswam_h

So the issue is solved :-D but it's a firmware bug :doh

I know how we can fix it : all foder in htdocs must use a name that can't be used as a sharename : for example including a forbidden character in their name (.media)
but at least one name will stay forbid : tmp

(Note : as linux and apache are sensitive case, we can use 'Media' instead of 'media' as sharename)

As to fix this bug, many changes must be done, I don't think we release a patch but only in the next version ;)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm

- Is there any editor built in? I can't find any and from your suggestion that you could pm me one that would work I guess there's none? (please send me one, or give me a hint on how to acquire one (packages?)).
I used VI way back during my studies on HP apollo workstations. Not a heavy user though, but I think I remember enough of it's oddities to work with it. <esc>:wq! ;-)
- Is there some sort of hierarchy in the rcS script or could I just add the lines I want to add 'somewhere' in the script (near the end I would think)?
- I have the transmission torrentclient enabled. It has a default dir 'tr-downloads'. I can access that dir from my computers, but read-only. Even though the user account interface has my account set to RW for that dir. I have 'chmod 777'd it, but still no access. Any ideas why this isn't writeable for me? Am I forgetting something obvious here?

Thanks
swamswam_h

Postby Jocko » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 am

Hi swamswam_h,

Yes there are two editors with the firmware :
-of course, vi is available (if you make a which command, you 'll get "/usr/bin/vi")
- and "nano" (/usr/bin/nano) which is handier than vi

I advise you to make no change in the file "rcS" because it loads the files system. So any error on it, makes your NAS no startable...
So I advice you to make changes only in the file "rc.bootup2" at the end of file. (And follow fvdw's suggestions : keeps the unix format of the file)

About transmissionCli, your issues are strange because since version 12.0, the files and folders created by transmission have full permissions. I usually use this torrent client without problem.

For testing, try to set the share as a public share. Normally, you must to get write permissions. In a second step, try to restore your original settings.

Also check if you use really this user account :
Code: Select all
root@Kappa:/ # smbstatus

Samba version 3.0.37
PID     Username      Group         Machine
-------------------------------------------------------------------
22179   USERNAME      USERNAME      YOURPC       (IP of your PC)(<= here the used samba user account )

Service      pid     machine       Connected at
-------------------------------------------------------
Perso        22179   YOURPC       Sun Mar 17 09:17:47 2013
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Previous

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1