Lacie EdMini V2 - noob review - speed question

Re: Lacie EdMini V2 - noob review - speed question

Postby fvdw » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 pm

mmm...seems we can not write it as file as it then tries to replace the existing file which it won't allow as it is not a "real" file is a location in system memory. (same as /proc/resource_dump)
Then the echo command to write to the file could be possibilty but need to think how to write a binary string using echo command
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm

you try to use the "dd" command that writes byte per byte

Code: Select all
dd if=eeprom_off.bin of=/sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0050/eeprom
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

I have been busy, ill and otherwise occupied the last few weeks. I found very little time to play around with the NAS and during a few weeks I had been physically unable to actually go to it and reboot the system with the aid of the original firmware... It seemed stuck in limbo after one of the efforts to power it down and write the eeprom.
Well... I have upgraded the software to version 14. It works great. Very nice to see you're always updating and upgrading the software. Your efforts are very much appreciated!
- Everything is working fine except for one thing: the media-servers page is missing. When clicking on it it displays the following in its frame:
The requested URL /media/system_MediaServer-mediatomb.htm was not found on this server.
Using a SSH session I can confirm that there is no 'media' directory in the root folder. Any ideas how this happened and what I can do to fix this?

- Can you send me a kernel for version 14 with all the tricks we have added for the Edmini V2 in the previous software versions?

thanks!
swamswam_h

Postby fvdw » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 pm

the htm docs are in /usr/htdocs, so you should look for /usr/htdocs/media

And no idea why you won't have it unless the upgrade didn't complete, which is in fact not possible as it is a complete disk image. You could just try to install it once more

kernel..need to look if I still have it, I had a hdd crash and lost some files, but probably I still have a copy,

yes I still have them, last one was version 6 , right ? That has the latest changes inside.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

The last version I got from you was named:
uimage-23694-EDM2-6

And this is the accompanying usage text:

-------------------------------

you can check if the use of the different function for setting gpio24 will power it off

To set gpio 24 use the /proc/resource_dump method

This will set gpio24 to value 1
CODE: SELECT ALL
echo gostby > /proc/resource_dump

This will set gpio24 to value 0
CODE: SELECT ALL
echo gostby0 > /proc/resource_dump

(its the number zero behind gostby)
-------------------------------
swamswam_h

Postby fvdw » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 pm

its fully compatible with 14-0
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm

How can I 'permanently' (safe from reboots) enable the trigger function for the led to ide-disk activity?
Echo ide-disk > trigger in /sys/class/leds/power:blue enables it. But is there some script I can put this command in that enables this by default?
swamswam_h

Postby fvdw » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

the main boot script is in/etc/init.d and the file has name rcS. You could add it there
Be aware that if you damage this script then nas won't boot or may not function properly.
Use only a editor that keeps the unix format of the file, if you convert it to "dos" format it won't be executed properly.
I will send you one by pm if you wish
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby swamswam_h » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 pm

fvdw wrote:the htm docs are in /usr/htdocs, so you should look for /usr/htdocs/media

And no idea why you won't have it unless the upgrade didn't complete, which is in fact not possible as it is a complete disk image. You could just try to install it once more

kernel..need to look if I still have it, I had a hdd crash and lost some files, but probably I still have a copy,

yes I still have them, last one was version 6 , right ? That has the latest changes inside.

I reinstalled version 14 of the software, same error. The files are there and unless I am mistaken the filenames are correct. All other menu's work... what could be going on here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swamswam_h

Postby fvdw » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 pm

everything seems ok :scratch

which browser do you use ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1