Problem with the P910nd printer server

Problem with the P910nd printer server

Postby Bramozzzz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi,

I recently installed the firmware and everything works great except the printer server. I'm using a mac with mountain lion installed (10.8.1). I have installed the latest drivers for my Canon MP280 and it works fine when connected with an USB cable, but when I try to find it on the network (after I connected it to the ISP1 off course ;) ) it will not show. I tried many different options to try to add the printer, but nothing works!

Does anybody have any experience on setting up a printer on a mac?
Bramozzzz

Re: Problem with the P910nd printer server

Postby Jocko » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Bramozzzz

I am not a MAC user but I found this : (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Printer_Sharing)

Note : this help is for a router so you must adapt it with the nas : NAS IP address instead of the router IP address

Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Open System Preferences
Open Print & Fax
Click the + button below the list of installed printers
Select the toolbar button called 'IP'
Set protocol to: HP Jetdirect - Socket
Enter the address of <s>your router</s> followed by : and the port - ie. normally 192.168.1.1:9100
Leave 'Queue' blank
Set a friendly name for your printer (whatever you like)
And a friendly location (again, up to you)
Print Using: choose 'Select a driver to use'
A list will pop up of all installed printer drivers - choose the one that works for you (see Note below)
Add your printer

Note (Mac only): the driver must be compatible with the CUPS printing system, which is one of the two printing systems included in OS X. Certain printers e.g. Canon Pixma series and Epson Inkjet include OSX drivers which do not use CUPS. You may find compatible printer drivers from Gutenprint (free) or PrintFab ($). OS X Leopard appears to include certain Gutenprint drivers, but the quality may vary and it may be worth checking their website for updated versions, or try PrintFab.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Re: Problem with the P910nd printer server

Postby Bramozzzz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Jocko,

Thank you for the help, it works fine now. The problem was indeed in the drivers, with the Gutenprint drivers installed it works great!
Bramozzzz

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1