Help to identify Ethernet Disk Edmini v2 board connectors

Help to identify Ethernet Disk Edmini v2 board connectors

Postby arssant » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi
After successfully recovered ( thanks to @fvdw and @Jocko ) my Internet space vs1, I would like recover another lacie, again salvaged one, in this one only got the main board.

So far I could identify: serial header, sata power connector, fan connector, led connector and power on/off connector.
My doubts are:
- main power connector: pic2
2 pins close to PCB no doubt GND ( pin 3&4)
2 upper pins 5vts and 12vts ( pin 1 and 2 on pic2 ), no clue what is pin for 5vts and 12vts.

- power led/status, power on/off connector ( pin 1 2 3 4 ) pic3.
what is the correct order ? 1&2 for power/status led, 3&4 for power on/off ??
power switch is a push button ( like my internet space ) or on/off switch ??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arssant
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Help to identify Ethernet Disk Edmini v2 board connector

Postby fvdw » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:08 pm

This link could be helpful https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/archives/nas/nas-reviews/29790-lacieethernetdiskminiv2review
The 2 pins connector you marked yellow is the fan connector, the white 4 pins connector that you marked red is for front push button and blue led. In principle the isp1 package shoul be able to run on this one (its an edmini-v2)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby arssant » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 pm

fvdw wrote:This link could be helpful https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/archives/nas/nas-reviews/29790-lacieethernetdiskminiv2review
The 2 pins connector you marked yellow is the fan connector, the white 4 pins connector that you marked red is for front push button and blue led. In principle the isp1 package shoul be able to run on this one (its an edmini-v2)

Hi.

Tx again for your time, this links was one of 2 or 3 where I was able to identify the connectors.
My major concern is power supply, flipping 5 and 12vts, and you toast the board.
So far I found this:
Left side a youtube video, and other one ebay, original ones. Amps are not the same ( one was a USB case the 2 one for ethernet one ). I presume Lacie use the same pinout layout for all cases ( I hope, I will make a try with no HD, and if no smoke, will connect a serial usb adapter.

Again, tx a lot fro your help.
And my isp1 is running like a clock, much better speed than my old syslogic ( file transfer and web interface nav config )
Great work guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arssant
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:46 pm

Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby arssant » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi.
No new from the board.
Connected a 5/12v 2 amps on the correct pin out, but nothing.
No serial activity, no HDD spinning and no smoke.
I presume the board is dead, some previous attempts to repair gone bad.

Again thanks guys.

Ps. Just made a small donation, paypal. 1st name V... last name A...
Keep your nice work up and running.
For now just working as I need: samba server, and ftp server for my cheap chinese ip cams.
Would be nice rstp/onvif for my reolink cams, but just running smoothly too by ftp.
arssant
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1