Problem adding my plugout login, to install Web Explorer

Problem adding my plugout login, to install Web Explorer

Postby Lieven » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi,
I want to add my plugout login to fvdw-sl to install Web Explorer, but I get the error "could not update field :__FILE__, hwclock -w -u, err= 1" even though I already set the clock from NTP server. (I read in other topic about this). What do I do wrong?
I'm using an old edmini V2 and indeed the hardware clock will be defective.
Thank you.
Lieven
Lieven
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Problem adding my plugout login, to install Web Explorer

Postby Lieven » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:58 am

Problem solved:
Appearently settings were saved but I thought not because
-the dots from the password dissappeared, only for this password, not for example for the admin password
-I still couldn't download web explorer. This morning I could, maybe because my donation was nog yet registered yesterday (normally I only donate after I see everything is working fine, now I had to make a donation early, but, after all, I am satisfied with the software now :-))
Lieven
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:33 am

Glad to hear that the problem is solved.

About donation, yes it would be more friendly if you first could try everything and then donate. We had that in the past. However many people do not donate in that case to save some money and get everything for free. The donation we ask is small and mainly to cover the costs to keep this forum and web server up. Furthermore the base firmware which you can get without donation gives a good impression what you get and to decide if you want to donate (or not) to get the addons. And be fair what is 5 euro? if you go for a drink you probably spend more ;)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:36 am

In addition, to remove the warning about rtc issue, you may run the sed command as described in https://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=31341#p31341

Please to note, you will have to repeat it at each firmware upgrade
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1