Homelacie.com is down

Homelacie.com is down

Postby usuario » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum ;) recently i have seen that homelacie.com is down so i can not boot my drive, is this normal? Any solution? Thanks
usuario

Re: Homelacie.com is down

Postby Jocko » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi usuario,

Here the lacie support https://www.lacie.com/support/support_m ... deid=10560
Unable to connect to Ethernet Disk: Home Edition or Internet Space using homelacie.com

The homelacie.com website locates an Ethernet Disk Mini: Home Edition or Internet Space drive by knowing its external IP address. As external IP addresses frequently change, the first thing to do when there are connectivity problems is to wait a couple hours.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try to locate the drive on the LAN if possible. To do this, the Ethernet Disk's internal IP address will be required. There are a few ways to locate an IP address, but the best way is to get the information from the router it is connecting to.

Most routers show a "client list" in their web administration screen. These show all drives on the network. Try connecting to the router through a web browser to se if this data is available. If the drive is listed, type its IP address in to a web browse (ex: 192.168.0.101)

If this fails as well, try some physical troubleshooting. After each test, try to connect again.

Unplug the router for a couple minutes, then reconnect it.
Restart the Ethernet Disk. To do this, hold down the button on the front of the drive until it begins to flash. Release the button, and within a minute it will shut down. Press the button again to start the drive.
Undo any changes made since it last worked. Virus scanners, a new router, or a physical move can be the cause of the problem. If it has never worked, ensure the router is set up to allow connections from the outside.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby usuario » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:16 am

Ok i already know that post, the problem is that unit uses a service called "access-patrol" and this service needs web homelacie.com up, this web stays down for me for several weeks, any solution?
usuario

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 am

usuario wrote:unit uses a service called "access-patrol" and this service needs web homelacie.com up
if you are right, it is a s**t restraint :disapprove

But I am pretty sure that your NAS boot is OK and only access are not available.

I found this :
[Added 29/12/07]
How do I stop the LaCie from redirecting me to their http://www.homelacie.com website?
Add /?local=1 to the end of your local IP address. So if your LaCie is on 192.168.0.100 then the address would be http://192.168.0.100/?local=1

This automatically happens if you use the system tray icon to connect.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby usuario » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:37 am

Ok, maybe it works but the unit does not boot because the access-patrol service, so i can not open the web page or doing anything, really it does not respond to simple "Ping".

I can access the drive opening the case and extracting the hard disk, but what can i do? i have seen several linux partitions with a Linux distribution, can i change it?

Thanks,
usuario

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

homelacie.com provides a remote GUI for management but you should be able to do the same thing from your LAN. right?

I assume that since the time you use it you know its local IP ? ;)

If you don't know its local ip, I assume it got it with the DHCP server of your router. So you can try to change the DCHP settings so that it uses a small IP range (keep a range at least for your laptop and the nas !) and then try this IP list with the trick previously posted is to get the local GUI.

I can access the drive opening the case and extracting the hard disk, but what can i do? i have seen several linux partitions with a Linux distribution, can i change it?
:shocked it is the best way to get a bricked nas if you are a linux newbie.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby usuario » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 am

Maybe i not explain me correctly, i can detect network activity because the router led flashes, but there is not responding to a ping and of course there is any port open.

Thnaks,
usuario

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

Maybe we have to start over.
In your first post you wrote
I can not boot my drive
What's the matter you think that the nas doesn't start ? only your ping test ?

usuario wrote:but there is not responding to a ping and of course there is any port open
Please explain more what you did. What ip do you use? ...
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby usuario » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:07 am

Ok

I boot my unit

The router led flashes => There is network activity

I make a ping, (normally it works) to my static ip address (192.168.1.96) => it does not respond
i wait a while => it does not respond
i wait a few days => it does not respond
i wait a week => it does not respond

I contact with Lacie support, they say me that the unit needs the homelacie.com activated, i read the hard drive and the linux log (messages, lastlog, ...) says that it crashes at boot due to a service called access-patrol, i read in the forums that this service is necessary to start the unit, so there is people that desactivates it in rc.X or /etc/init or renaming service but in this case other utilities (upnp, samba..) stops working

Really there is a config file with all this stuff (homelacie.com addresses) that access-patrol uses to work

Finally Hipserv remits me to Lacie

Lacie says me that the domain is definitely down

So the question is

Is there any manner to avoid this service?

Thanks
usuario

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:43 pm

So you don't have many solutions... :mrgreen:

But it is amazing that there is no information about it from Internet as I assume that you are not alone in this case :scratch

As at least two Lacie NAS use home edition service what is your nas : ISP v1 ? or Ethernet Disk mini home edition ?

---edit---

You are not alone or unless it is you here :http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=222&p=92135#p91953

But still no solution
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Next

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1