adapting fvdw-sl firmware for isp1 trials

Re: adapting fvdw-sl firmware for isp1 trials

Postby johan72 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm

@mick711
I do not understand what the image has to do with the LaCie InternetSpace.
My French is very terrible, so I really cant help you out on this.
grtz
johan72
johan72

Postby Jocko » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm

@mick711
Bonsoir mick711,

Home Library est un logiciel developpé par orange (FAI) qui permet un accès depuis n'importe où et compatible avec plusieurs NAS LACIE. Il permet à l'utilisateur qui n'est pas habitué pour les paramètrages des différents protocoles de connexion de facilement partager ces données...

Ce n'est en aucun cas le firmware du NAS.
Je suis pratiquement certain que ce logiciel n'est pas compatible avec notre firmware alternatif ;)

"Home Library" is a software developed by orange (ISP) that allows access the data stored into the NAS from anywhere and supports several NAS LACIE. It allows the user who is not accustomed for settings of the various connection protocols to easily share data ...

But It is not the firmware of the NAS.
I'm pretty sure that this software is not compatible with our alternative firmware
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby mick711 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Ok but i have a fan so this firmware is not compatible do you know if it's possible to fix this ?

Thanks
mick711

Postby fvdw » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 pm

mick711 wrote:Ok but i have a fan so this firmware is not compatible do you know if it's possible to fix this ?

Thanks

What is the type of this Lacie device ? must be written somewhere in the documents that came with it
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Home Library is a shareware that is installed on the PC client. It activates the user account on the website of the ISP, opens many ports on the BOX :o and so access to their data anywhere from the website. The data being those shares OpenShare, MyShare, and USBShare. That's why I think the software is not compatible with the alternative firmware.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby supermat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello every body i've a internet space 2 and the firmware for internet space don't work on my system, have you a solution

thank's
supermat

Postby johan72 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi Supermax,
It would help to give us more information.
1) what firmware did you use? Please specify version and origin.
2) how did you install the firmware?
3) you wrote doesnot work, what's not working? Do you lack some functionality or will it not even boot? What are tthe symptons?
greetz
Johan

PS my questions are not intended to scare you off, just trying to get as much info as possible.
It will help us in solving your problem(s).
johan72

Postby Jocko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi Johan,

Do you note that supermax have a ISP2 and not a ISP1 so the kernel must be different !
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby supermat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Yes i've an ISP2 i've test the kernel for ISP1 with "Installation Guideline fvdw firmware on a LaCie-IS500 v0.1e"
the blue led is fix after 10 second and nothing the ISP2 have no ip with my DHCP server.
and I've not backup of original ISP2 partition

for the moment my NAS it's a brick of LEGO ^^
supermat

Postby fvdw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 pm

If it is an internet space 2 (isp2) then you could try to use the experimental 2.6.39.4 kernel that I made for the nwsp2 classic and lite. I also included support for the isp2 but I never tested so far as I don't have one.
So I gues you will be the volunteer. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223

The internet space 2 also has a kirkwood processor and mainboard similar to nwsp2 and as result the isp1 kernel won't run on this device.

So download this 2.6.39.4 kernel from the development section and write that to sda6 using the dd command as described in the manual and see if the magic happens.

I guess you should also use the fvdw-sl disk image of the nwsp2, but it is not much different from that for the isp1. Only buttons and standy and reboot commands are different. I would try that later. If the kernel is right for this hardware it should boot also with the isp1 disk image and you can check if reboot etc works or not.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1