kudos!

kudos!

Postby nastartum » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Well - I just thought to thank you for this wonderful firmware. Just recently I happened to look out for a new firmware for this ISP1 and sure enough I found this wonderful site. Thanks to you I could nuke the original POS software and have a working NAS. Everything seems to work: FTP, SFTP, Samba and SSH work with usb-camera and most everything I tested. Only really minor bug which was present even in the original firmware is the fact that the power LED does not want to turn off. I guess on the feature front it would be interesting to have some control of openvpn from the web interface, but maybe the hardware is not powerful enough to handle it. Even sftp is somewhat slow when tested. But what I would like to know is when you are planning to release a new version of your firmware since there seem to be some updates on features but the downloadable versions seem a tad old. But In any case, thanks a lot for your effort producing this firmware - keep up the good work! :punk
nastartum
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: kudos!

Postby fvdw » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 pm

thanks for this positive feedback, much appreciated :thumbup
I guess on the feature front it would be interesting to have some control of openvpn from the web interface, but maybe the hardware is not powerful enough to handle it.

openvpn is included in the firmware and also some reame files how to set it up, but it is not yet configurable via the web interface yet as there is not so much interest for it so far
Even sftp is somewhat slow when tested.

yes that is correct, when using encrypted protocols the performance goes down because the cpu has to encrypt the data, that takes time, the cpu in the isp1 is not that powerful
But what I would like to know is when you are planning to release a new version of your firmware since there seem to be some updates on features but the downloadable versions seem a tad old.

The last version is from dec 2014, we are working on version 16-1, see the announcement topic for what will be the improvements viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2221#p18912

we do this as a hobby in our free time so we do not have as much resources as lacie whas for firmware updates, but we think we do not that bad when looking to the frequency of our releases and what is added everytime :mrgreen:
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Re: kudos!

Postby nastartum » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Yet again thanks for the newest update. Have to test it some how it goes and what new features are available - great job!
nastartum
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie Internet space vs1