Fresh install with latest 18-3 FW - Missing SDA5 files

Fresh install with latest 18-3 FW - Missing SDA5 files

Postby Chris26 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am a new user trying to convert a stock NWSP2 to your FW.
First, congrats for this amazing work, the install process looks very industrial-grade, everything is perfectly automated.
I followed all the steps, but unfortunately, the install fails with the following errors at end of installer.log
Code: Select all
correcting firmware image for nwsp2 succeeded\n
write default database to partition 5
cannot find nas database file on sda5, transfer from tfp server must have failed

I selected the correct image (kirkwood), and replied "no" to both GPT questions (as this is a 1TB drive (stock) )
Also, trying "Yes" or "No" to the "blanckout MBR" question leads to same result.
Both computer and NWSP2 are wired on the network.

Thanks for your help

PS : Looking at TFTP logs, it seems that a file is missing on the package (File <firmware\sda5-lacie-nwsp.tar.gz)
PS2 : After some debug it sound this was the issue : missing file on the 18.3 release. I copy pasted the same file from v17 and working now :)

Let's play now :)
Last edited by Chris26 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris26

Re: Fresh install with latest 18-3 FW - Missing SDA5 files

Postby Jocko » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Hi

Indeed a file is missing in the console package. So attached this one and store it in the subfolder tftp/firmware

We go to rebuild it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Chris26 wrote:Hi,

I am a new user trying to convert a stock NWSP2 to your FW.
First, congrats for this amazing work, the install process looks very industrial-grade, everything is perfectly automated.
I followed all the steps, but unfortunately, the install fails with the following errors at end of installer.log
Code: Select all
correcting firmware image for nwsp2 succeeded\n
write default database to partition 5
cannot find nas database file on sda5, transfer from tfp server must have failed

I selected the correct image (kirkwood), and replied "no" to both GPT questions (as this is a 1TB drive (stock) )
Also, trying "Yes" or "No" to the "blanckout MBR" question leads to same result.
Both computer and NWSP2 are wired on the network.

Thanks for your help

PS : Looking at TFTP logs, it seems that a file is missing on the package (File <firmware\sda5-lacie-nwsp.tar.gz)
PS2 : After some debug it sound this was the issue : missing file on the 18.3 release. I copy pasted the same file from v17 and working now :)

Let's play now :)

:shocked
No need to use fvdw-sl console to upgrade your nwsp 2 ! Just use the update firmware menu from fvdw-sl GUI (of course read also this topic https://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3532 what you did not do according your previous login attempts)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Chris26 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 pm

Yes of course, but i was on Lacie stock firmware !
Sorry i created confusion speaking about v17. I was never on v17.

What I did is that i guessed that probably the file was missing in V18 package so i tried to download v17 package juste to take the sda5...tgz and put it in my v18 files, then install it.

Everything working now, next step is downloading few servers.

Thanks !
Chris26

Return to Lacie Network Space vs2 and max version