stuck at waiting for uboot

stuck at waiting for uboot

Postby trailmaker00 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 am

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am trying to upgrade my nsp2 classic to fvdw and upgrade it to a 4TB hdd.

I first installed and updated fvdw to latest version 18.2 by installing version 11 from linux and updating and patching to versions 15, 16.1, 17, 18.2. The interface seems to be working fine.

The next step would be to update the uboot so I can install a bigger hdd.

The problem is that I can not get it past 'waiting for u-boot'. I start the console, set the ip address of the nas, browse to the tftp location (same one as displayed in the editbox, but it would not work without manually browsing to the same path). I select from Action menu 'Flash U-Boot', select the apropriate image (u-boot-nwsp2-classic-gpt-usbboot-80b.bin). Then I get the autoflash prompt waiting for u-boot.... I then plugin the drive. The prompt remains the same and the drive starts normaly and I can access normally the web interface of fvdw.

My firewall is disabled, I am trying from a windows 10 x64 machine and everything is connected through wired LAN. I have also tried from a VirtualBox win7 machine in bridged network but the result is the same.

What reasons could it have that I cannot access u-boot and how can I find the problem? Any other way to overwrite u-boot?

I have to mention that I could not get the drive itself to factory reset with the power button at the back. I have never seen a red light on the drive no matter how I tried this (keeping the power button pressed for several seconds, keeping the button pressed and plugging in the power. The most I could do is get the blue light to flash but still did not get past the 'waiting for u-boot'.

I would apreciate any ideas.
trailmaker00
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: stuck at waiting for uboot

Postby trailmaker00 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:35 pm

I have solved this by trying the console an old Windows 7 machine.
trailmaker00
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: stuck at waiting for uboot

Postby fvdw » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:12 am

Glad to hear you solved it. The problem on the first machine could be multiple ethernet adapters active, for example a wired an wireless adapter. The wireless adapter must be disabled in such case
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie Network Space vs2 and max version